For some there is a time where training daily and trying to reach your strength goals and just look and feel good just are not enough. This was happening to me. It has been a couple years since I decided to compete in a bodybuilding competition. I recently just started a new job at a local gym, and was just feeling the need to do something more and ?prove? myself in the gym. So as the end of January came and word around gym about people competing began to spread, I felt a little fire start to ignite inside of me.
As my physique started to transform a few weeks after starting the nutrition aspect of competing (my training usually doesn?t change) people around the gym starting asking if i was going to compete again. I was trying to keep things a secret but its hard to keep good progress to yourself while working in a gym 10-12 hrs a day. So i decided. Northern Ontario Championships in Sudbury. I had 12 weeks to get into shape and I wasn?t going to let anything get in my way. I hunkered down and put the squat bar on my shoulders, benched weights on my chest, and made my muscles scream with agony as I squeezed out every last rep.
The date came and I looked the best I ever did. For my efforts I received 2nd place and qualified for the ontarios in 2012 (my new goal)
Here is a list of what I ate day in and out for 12 weeks.
Meal # 1
5 whole eggs
1 cup eggwhites
1 grapefuit
6 spears of asparagus
Meal # 2-6
8 oz of lean meat (steak, salmon, tuna, chicken, turkey)
12-15 almonds
6 spears of asparagus
When I needed it every 18th meal before bed i would eat (this depended on my conditioning and stopped about 2 -3 weeks out)
12oz of asparagus and butter
followed by:
1 cup oatmeal
2 tbsp of almond butter
followed by:
6oz sweet potato
2 tbsp of almond butter
Weight training
I did a 5 day split, followed by 2 days off for 9 weeks. Which looked like this:
Monday ? Chest/bi?s
Tuesday ? Back / Tri?s
Wednesday ? Legs/calves
Thursday ? Shoulders
Friday ? repeat mondays workout but switch exercises
Each workout was followed by 20-30 mins of cardio.?Weeks 10, 11, no days off, 20-30 mins of cardio everyday until the wednesday just before the show. I took the rest of the week off of training, and let my body recover and relax. Friday, I slept and ate all day.
Show weight was 191lbs
Current weight is 238 lbs
Next show weight is ????? to be determined
Current diet is:
Meal 1
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 pieces of whole grain toast
- 250 ml eggwhites
- 30-60 g of oatmeal
Meal 2
- 7 oz of ground beef
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
Post workout shake
- 60-75 g of dextrose
- 1 scoop bcaa
- 1.5 scoops lean mass builder
Meal 3
- 7 oz chicken
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup of greens
Meal 4?
Meal 5
- Massive weight gainer shake totals 700cals
Meal # 6 before bed
- 250 ml eggwhites
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
Also, if i see food i?ll eat it; ?I permit myself to snack all day and go from there.
Training is a 5 day split . 2 days off
Monday ? Back
Tuesday - Shoulders
Wednesday - Arms
Thursday - OFF
Friday ? Chest
Saturday ? Legs
Sunday ? ?OFF
Source: http://stek.org/popular/curtis-thompson/
showtime the prisoner the prisoner gene simmons my bloody valentine holes courageous
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.